Isn’t blogging space fun? And weird, and kinda vulnerable? You never know who is out there reading your stuff. I was encouraged today because I noticed some are reading and liking what they see. I got nominated for an award! Yay! So, I’m bombarding your inbox twice today, but what can you do. Read below and I’m making up for those lost weeks in January way back at the beginning.
Thank you to Chelsea, at The Chelsea Page for nominating me for the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD. Neato!
The One Lovely Blog Award recognizes blogs considered to be lovely, written by bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. The nominees are chosen by fellow bloggers, and the nominations are presented to new and up-and-coming bloggers. The purpose of the award is to not only give recognition, but to help the new blogger reach more viewers as well.
If nominated, in order to “accept” the award, you must follow these guidelines:
* Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
* Add the One Lovely Blog logo image to your acceptance post.
* Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
* Nominate other bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
7 facts about Me:
1. I was born orange. Carrot orange. Not an alien, just had no oxygen in my blood.
2. I really enjoy using things one at a time until they run out – pens, chapstick, nail polish – I’m rather OCD
3. I am an older sister.
4. I ran cross country in high school because it was the only no-cut sport. I always finished last on our team in races.
5. Mashed potatoes are my favorite food.
6. Alice in Wonderland is my favorite Disney movie.
7. I never ate meatloaf growing up. Never.
Isn’t it fun thinking about yourself. And now, for thinking about others. I nominate the following blogs!
Girl on the Contrary – her short little blips of info each post are funny and quirky and so spot on.
Kathleen Bean – this lovely lady was my mentor in college whom I still call upon for wisdom, laughs and support. Her honest approach to parenting and life is so refreshing.
Mikey is in My Kitchen – Can you say yum? This gal is so great at reflecting on life and talking about how food brings us joy and comfort. I love her recipes and thoughts.
Allison Ramsing – Her site looks so great! I aspire to make my blog looks so professional. And she writes with her husband, how neat. I love the appreciation for the ordinary celebrations in life and honesty about life’s ups and downs.
Stepping Stones – my sweet friend and I have very similar approaches to life. We walk together through all kinds of things and her generous heart pours out in this space. Check her out.
Welp, there you have it. Some inspiration for the day, and a grateful heart for a bit of promotion in this big thing called cyberspace.