I took a personality test today. In fifteen minutes I answered a series of questions and the tiny, little analyzer internet minions spit out pure truth.
When looking at Personal Motivators, “Aesthetic” was my highest score.
The test said:
- Katie enjoys the beauty of her surroundings and would like others to share
- She will enjoy the more traditional form of beauty as compared to the
- She is in tune with her inner feelings and likes surroundings that compliment these feelings.
- Katie seeks self-realization and fulfillment.
- Katie needs a sense of harmony and balance in her surroundings and relationships.
- Being recognized for creativity is the highest form of achievement for her.
- Katie is interested in studying and appreciating the totality of a situation.
- Creativity is only limited by external, not internal boundaries.
How do they do it? Completely GET you after a series of 12 questions! I am amazed and delighted that this analysis confirms what I sometimes deny to be true about myself.
These truths have trickled into my internet space and affirmed, yet again, that I believe in the pursuit of beauty. I believe in it ever so much!
Writing about feelings and surroundings and harmony and balance makes sense because these building blocks make up my core. I believe that creativity is worth achieving and equals accomplishment. The pursuit of beautiful things being more important to me than money or fast cars or fancy jewelry (although if this blog brings me money or fancy jewelry I wouldn’t say no.) I believe in being honest about feelings – fear, doubt, happiness, joy, confusion, grief. Bring them all on!
So I raise my arms in praise to the Universe for sending a confirming message that I’m on the right track. In writing, in the pursuit of beauty, in the privilege it is to just be myself.
Let’s keep at it eh?